Friday, December 28, 2018

Back to School 2018 and First Day of Preschool

When we dropped E & C off for the first day of school Leona was one sad puppy, or rather one sad leopard since she was wearing her costume from last Halloween. :) She had really enjoyed having her sisters home to play with full time and it was a rude awakening when they went back to school.

Luckily later that week there was a meet the teacher at her preschool and the following week she got to go to school herself.  Leona has been going to preschool on Tuesday and Thursday mornings at the Shoreline Children's Center with Teachers Miss Cody and Miss Maria.  Although there is frequent drama about her not wanting to go to school the open secret is that she LOVES it. The first day of school I walked her in, got her backpack into the cubby, gave her a kiss and prepared to leave.  Then I noticed that the other parents were hanging around so I hesitated in case there was something else that I was supposed to do. Leona saw me hanging around and ran back over kissed me, kissed my belly, and gave me a look that said, "Scram." so I did.

She has made tons of friends at school, several of the little girls run over to give her hugs as she leaves at the end of preschool.  It is a mixed age class and Leona is one of the older kids.  She has really helped a couple of the new kids by taking them under her wing as they start preschool midyear.  

There have been a few (hilarious) bumps in the road.  One was at the beginning of the year a little boy could not restrain himself from touching Leona's lovely, long pigtails. This really bugged her so for a solid month she wore her pigtails braided (Anna hairdo, named for the character in Frozen with the same hairdo.) so that her hair would be less tempting.  That seemed to work and recently she has returned to pigtails, her hairdo of choice.  Another day when I picked her up she was all in a tizzy, with her high drama voice going because a boy said to her at recess, "Na na nabooboo, you can't catch me Poopypants." I think she repeated that phrase about 25 times on the way home.  I was silently laughing as I drove home because seriously, how does anyone say that so many times in an indignant, serious tone? We eventually talked her off of that ledge (/soapbox) and she agreed to go back to school but sometimes Collin and I will whisper it to each other when there's a very dramatic situation unfolding.

Bottom line is that Leona is really blossoming in preschool and is kind to her friends and teachers.





Leona with some buddies on the street, lonely no more. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment