During quarantine they got so bored that Leona allowed Eliza to do her makeup. I think she did a lovely job, then again Leona is a lovely girl so that makeup is just a bonus! This was before the second person got sick and we imposed a mask mandate on everyone.
Why quarantine you ask? Well Cousin Melvin came to Ribfest not feeling well- turned out to be covid. Four days later Collin got it. Four days later Tim got it. Four days later Clara got it AND strep throat At. The. Same. Time. Leona also felt sick off and on, but never tested positive for Covid, or anything else. Because different people had different germs- and because I was scheduled to have my ear surgery- we went into serious quarantine protocols. Sick people were confined to their rooms. Each set of germs had it's own area. Tim's room was just Covid- so him and Collin. Clara's room was Covid and strep. Leona's room was unknown malaise. Downstairs was for only the healthy. I wore an n95 mask constantly, took meal orders and brought trays of food up at each meal in addition to bringing movies and other entertainment to the sickees.
At dinner each night I would set up three or four different tables on the catwalk and entryway and we had dinner "together". We even found ways to play a family game each night to break up the monotony. Codenames was the most successful. I would take photos of the cards after each turn and text them to the kid and Collin's phones upstairs. We also did riddles one night with Starbursts being tossed to those who answered correctly. Quarantine was completely exhausting for everyone, and it caused one of my all time lamest birthdays, but it was successful in that I didn't get Covid, and I was able to get my ear surgery. I know that was a tender mercy of the Lord. For how contagious Covid is and for the close contact that I had with all the sick people I know that it was a miracle that I didn't get it.






No comments:
Post a Comment