Tuesday, April 24, 2018

January Fun


Check out Leona's new favorite clothing item. We got it out of the hand-me-downs and it is worn constantly.  (Clara was adamant that it still fit her and there was a little bit of a turf war over this charming vest.) It's surprising how versatile leopard print is.  There was a faux-fur leopard print jacket at Target that Leona really wanted me to buy myself, and honestly the matching would've been fun, but in the end I had to pass on it.


More leopard print- worn frequently with the vest actually. I took this after naps one day because Leona just looks so cute when she sleeps.  Also I like how even with a full entourage in her bed Owl still gets place of honor.  She tells me that Owl flies around at night and how much she loves Owl.  When Leona falls down or bumps herself she will frequently run to her room to rub Owl on the hurt spot.  Also when waking up she has to give Owl one last snuggle before she can get out of bed.  The other day Clara was impugning Owl's honor by saying she smelled bad.  I asked if Owl needed to be washed and Leona vehemently denied that Owl was anything other than fresh and wonderful. 

It's hard to see in the picture below but Clara and Leona started taking swimming lessons.  Leona is hilarious to watch because she is the exact opposite of relaxed in the pool.  She reaches for the side or railing with her rigid little toes trying to grab onto something when her teacher tries to help her float.  She is improving, although it was a blow when Clara advanced to the next class and Leona stayed behind.  She keeps telling me that she's practicing her floating so she can move up too.  I think she might just be like me, never able to relax enough in the water to float, but hopefully I'm wrong about that.



No comments:

Post a Comment