Monday, June 17, 2019

Thanksgiving 2018

You could be forgiven for thinking this was a Christmas post. It was kind of crazy trying to make and host Thanksgiving dinner with a 9 week old baby. Uncle Jaybob came for Thanksgiving again this year, which was fun.  We also had a couple from our ward and one of Collin's Chinese coworkers.  He had been in the States for a while but it was his first big Thanksgiving dinner, so that was fun.  With all of that going on, plus ducking out to nurse Timothy every couple of hours I didn't get any photos of Thanksgiving itself.  

However the day after Thanksgiving we got the tree up and decorated and the house decorated and the lights up.  We also did a Polar Bear Plunge in the Sound again.  By we I mean, Collin, Jacob, and a friend from our ward. Over the weekend we also made Christmas ornaments.  Jacob made a climbing harness, Leona made a purple and pink snowflake, I made a Scrooge and Tiny Tim ornament- in honor of our own Tiny Tim, Collin made an Orcas Island themed ornament, Eliza made a school bus ornament because they got to ride the bus to school this year, and Clara made a plate of Christmas cookies with a mug of hot cocoa. I thought everybody did a great job, and we had a great Thanksgiving, even if it was a little more laid back than normal.









No comments:

Post a Comment