Sunday, May 3, 2020

April Conference and Easter 2020


It was nice to have Church at home be a normal thing for one week at least. We watched General Conference and did all the usual activities, snacks, coloring, bingo; but there were things that set this Conference apart from the previous ones. One thing that was special was that President Nelson read a new Proclamation on the Restoration of the gospel. Another thing that was surprising was that the Prophet announced that there would be a temple in Shanghai, China (only for Chinese citizens). I was shocked to hear that there would be a temple in mainland China.  Definitely a sign that the second coming is getting closer.  The last thing that was unusual was that we all participated in a Hosanna Shout to commemorate the 200th anniversary of the first vision of Joseph Smith. I quickly sewed little handkerchiefs from some excess white quilting fabric that I had so that everybody could have one for the shout.  I used the handkerchief that my granny gave me. It was the one that she used at the Dallas Temple dedication. It was special to get to do that as a whole family and to explain the significance to the girls.






The Saturday before Easter we did some Easter activities. We dyed eggs using two different methods this year.  The foam method was more fun but the "cosmic" eggs turned out really beautiful. That same morning our friends, the Storers, dropped off a fancy  cupcake decorating kit from a bakery downtown. The girls had a great time frosting and decorating the cupcakes and I enjoyed eating a delicious, plain cupcakes. We also did an Easter egg hunt. Collin and I divided the egg hiding, with him hiding eggs for the older two and me hiding for the younger two. Unfortunately, we once again forgot where some of the eggs were and were therefore unable to help with hints. Fortunately, the girls found all of the eggs by the end of the next day. Also fortunately, there was nothing perishable in the eggs.







No comments:

Post a Comment