Thursday, May 23, 2024

December 10-16




At the annual Nativity display at our church building. Clara played piano, Leona played accordion, Tim, Leona, and Clara all sang with the Primary, and Eliza was Mary with Isaac as Joseph.

Leona had to design and draw an ugly sweater and then write about it. I liked the thought that she put into the assignment. Of course her art was as always top notch.
"I drew the Grinch because he is Christmasy but he has ugly thoughts. He is holding a report card with a bad grade on it. I picked red and green on my sweater because they're Christmas colors and they match the color of the Grinch. The Grinch has bright green fur, a really long shirt, and long pointy shoes. He also has very long fingers, red and yellow eyes, and he is not friendly. Later he became kind and friendly when he brought Christmas back."

I was the room mom for Leona's class. We did gingerbread houses for most of the party time. She is with her friend, Gricelda, in the photo. Gricelda lives around the corner from us. It was a blessing to have her in Leona's class this year as she is a really sweet girl in the sea of chaos that is their class. It was a bonus to discover that she lives so close.


At our annual gingerbread house party, fewer building constraints made for sillier houses than the school versions.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment