Gma Cole took Theo, Veronica, Leona, and Tim to go see a Christmas movie and eat dinner at Torchy's Tacos afterwards. The kids LOVED the movie and enjoyed the tacos too. Leona and Tim were delightedly scandalized by the use of devil themed decor and the liberal use of "hell" and "damn" on the signage. I'm glad to see that Gma Cole is carrying the torch of grandparents exposing grandchildren to mild sweat words. When I was a kid it was a treat to get to ride in the backseat of the car while Gpa Chuck was driving. He always had a few choice words for his fellow drivers and it felt like I was getting away with something to hear his Biblical level swearing. Gma Cole also tried to sway the kids' political leanings, but Collin and I are too vocal at home for her admonitions to take root. Overall it was a super fun afternoon with Grandma.
Transcription of Leona's unprompted essay on Sasha, as seen on the whiteboard:
By: Leona
Sasha
Sasha is my dog for two years while my cousins move out of the country. She is a minature schnauzer with gray, white, and black fur. Sometimes she goes on the table when we are not home. And once we went to go somewhere and she went upstairs and pooped on the catwalk. And I will sometimes give Sasha a shower. She really hates showers. Sasha likes to fight with the neighbor's dog. I go on walks with her even though she does not need to go on walks. I feed her, but her food smells stinky. And I love to play with her. She sleeps in a cage at night and during the day sometimes too. I love Sasha a lot. She is fun to play with.
Caption:
Girl says: Can we please get a puppy? Please.
Dad says: No
Brother says: Yeah!
Leona and the Legend, formerly known as the Pink Unicorns.
Speaking of grandmas, Gma and Gpa Roueche were here for a few days, just long enough to celebrate Gma Roueche's birthday with her and drag them around to lots of activities. We always love throwing them into the mix.
Celebrating Friendsgiving at PAG.
Doing the Christmas boxes for family night.
Anecdote: Leona and Tim were trash talking while playing Sleeping Queens.
Tim: (plays a sleeping potion card) You're queen looks sooo sleepy. I think she'll take a nap.
Leona: (plays a magic wand card counteracting the potion) Actually she just drank a Dr. Pepper so she won't be taking a nap!
No comments:
Post a Comment