Leona Elise Roueche born February 2nd, 2014 at 4:45 am
Brand-new Leona. Eliza was so excited to meet Leona.
Clara came down with a cold the day before Leona was born. She was very disappointed that she did not get to hold Leona at the hospital. At least she still got to share the sibling cake.
Here's the Cliff Notes version of Leona's birth story.
Thursday night I had some contractions but I didn't think it was anything. Then at midnight they started coming 10 minutes apart but not regularly. Collin went to bed and I watched some Netflix and time to contractions. At around 1 AM the contractions got painful but spread out more so I gave up and tried to go to sleep. That's whenall of a sudden they went to four minutes apart and they hurt so I woke up Collin and he quickly gathered stuff and sleeping girls while I called the doctor. I drove the black car while Collin drove the girls in the van over to the Dykes' house. Looking back that was not a good idea. I was trying to drive that half-mile before I could have any contractions but I had two while driving. Collin went pretty fast to the hospital which was good because I was in a lot of pain.
At my appointment earlier that day I'd been at a four so I figured I'd be around a six by the time they checked me when we got to the hospital I was in so much pain that Collin had to push me in a wheelchair. That was a clue.when we got up to labor and delivery they were asking a bunch of questions and taking their sweet time even though I was asking for an epidural yesterday. We got there about 3 AM and they finally checked me about 320 or 330 and announced that I was at least an eight and that my water was about to break. I also told them that I felt like I needed to push. That lit a fire under everyone. The entire nurses station was in my room and the doctor and anesthesiologist or urgently paged I was getting an IV signing papers which I didn't bother to read because I was in so much pain answering questions and having terribly painful contractions all at once about. About 345 I finally got my epidural five minutes later my water broke. About for the doctor got to the room. She was supposed to go check on another patient but decided that she wouldn't have time so she set up stuff in my room.
At 4:44 AM Leona Elise was born.she weighed 5 lbs. 14 oz. and was 19 3/4 inches long. She is easily our cutest baby as a newborn.
They told me that if we decide to have another kid that if I even think I might be in labor to race to the hospital or I won't make it.
No comments:
Post a Comment