Friday, September 20, 2019

Nativities 2018

Nativity #1
We went with our neighbors to the Nativity display in Bellevue again.  This year, there was no need to use the doll for the Baby Jesus.  Leona had to be Mary since Clara gets to be Mary in the ward Nativity production at the Christmas party.  She was thrilled to pieces to be Mary and was so careful with her precious baby.  I'm not sure that Mary herself could have been much more pleased with her role.



Nativity #2


I don't remember if the Primary asked, or if we offered, but it was determined that Timothy could be Baby Jesus only if one of our girls was Mary. It wasn't a spotlight grab so much as, I knew that I could trust my girls to not drop Timothy.  Eliza immediately refused to be Mary as she did not want to be in the spotlight.  Collin and I were SHOCKED when Clara immediately volunteered to be Mary.  Her desire to hold Timothy overcoming her desire to be invisible in a crowd.  Leona was crushed to not be Mary, but she was simply too little to carry Timothy across the stage.  She was somewhat mollified that she got to be a sheep with her best buddy, Hannah.


I think that we were the only ones in the entire audience NOT having a panic attack when Clara (as Mary) walked across the stage carrying Timothy (as Baby Jesus) and stepped up on to the platform. She was very careful with her precious cargo. During the entire singing of Silent Night one of the "shepherds" was right in Timothy's face just staring at him.  It was really sweet, because I thought, that's probably the level of attention that the real Baby Jesus received from the shepherds.  Afterwards I found out that Timothy had spit up on himself during the song and that that had caused part of the marveling. Overall Timothy was a wonderful Baby Jesus. Leona was a wonderful sheep.  Clara was a wonderful Mary, and Eliza was a wonderful Star.






No comments:

Post a Comment