It took five years and a global pandemic with a stay at home order to finish, but I finally finished the top of Leona's quilt. It's at the quilter's house as I type this being quilted.

The stay at home order finally expired on June 1 and we were eager to get out of the house and court. We figured that as long as we were outside it was ok to meet up with friends- even though technically we weren't supposed to be in groups larger than 5. We met up with the Calls for a hike. At one point I looked away from Leona for less than one minute and when I turned back around she had shimmied up a root and was 20 feet off the ground.
On another stray nice-ish day we met the Rices at Edmonds Beach. The kids had a great time, and because they're crazy they got in the water. It was really nice to see people again and remember that we do have friends.
This is the result of an "engineering" school assignment for Leona. She had to find a way to solve a problem so I suggested the problem of Timothy emptying out the recycling bin multiple times a day. At first she moved the unused baby gate in front of the bin and I had serious doubts about he future as an engineer. Then she filled that purse with toys and hung it on the gate. She explained that when Timothy came to dump out the recyclables he would be distracted by the decoy toys and leave the trash alone.
I still had my doubts, but I was wrong. A little while later Timothy ran over, peered around the gate at the bin, snatched the bag off the gate like a seasoned pickpocket, and ran off with it like he had gotten away with something. At intervals she would replace the purse and he stayed out of the recycling for several days until she quite replacing the purse.
Leona's been asking for a haircut for 9 months, at least, so when it was just Leona, Timothy, and me at the house one afternoon I gave her one. It's a cute length on her. It has totally changed her look though as we cut off all of the blond. Collin told her that she is like her favorite princess, Rapunzel. When her hair is long in the movie Tangled it is blonde, but after her hair is cut it turns brown. Now we keep confusing Leona and Clara when their backs are turned to us (and we are paying attention).
This is Leona turning a piece of trash into an owl's beak.







No comments:
Post a Comment