These
photos were taken to thank the teachers for their hard work this year. I felt
like the teachers should've done something similar for the parents since we did
all the grunt work for the second half of the year. Either way, I was just
happy that the long slog of home school was over. I'm praying there won't be a
sequel next year.
Water
balloon toss- every time you and your partner successfully tossed and caught
your water balloon you had to take a step back before the next toss.
Chariot
races- This event was supposed to be a relay race but one of the wheelie boards
had a wonky wheel and the little kids thought it was too scary so the event had
to be scrapped.
Bucket
fill- The last official event was where the kids had to soak a sponge, walk
with it on their head, and wring it out into their team's bucket. In the end
the teams were so close that the adults couldn't agree on who had won.
To
celebrate the end of the world's weirdest school year I organized a "field
day" with a few events for the kids in the court. I figured that it was
only fair that we celebrate the end of the year together since we made it
through the quarantine together. We finished off Field Day with a picnic
dinner. It seemed a fitting way to celebrate the insanity inducing home school
of the previous 14 weeks.










No comments:
Post a Comment