Leona wasn't big on taking photos before her baptism. She was all about getting inside and getting on with the main event! Leona was very lucky because she got to have members from both sides of the family at her baptism. She had her Great Gpa Roueche, Aunt Tina and Uncle Pedro, as well as Aunt Susan and Uncle Chris from dad's side of the family. From my side of the family she had the Caldwells, the Coles, the Crownovers, as well as Uncle Mike and Gma and Gpa Cole. Additionally she had aunts, uncles, and cousins watching on zoom and friends from church in person. It was a very special crowd.
The most important members of the circle when Leona got the gift of the Holy Ghost were her dad, Great Gpa Roueche, Gpa Cole, Uncle Pedro, and Uncle Chris. These were the words of the prayer:
"Leona Elise Roueche by the power of the Melchizedek priesthood which we hold I confirm you a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and say unto you, receive the Holy Ghost.
Leona the gift of the Holy Ghost, and his presence, these feelings will bring you comfort all of your life. You are very good at listening and noticing peoples' needs, and the Holy Ghost will make you even better at this.
Heavenly Father loves you as a daughter and He sends the Holy Ghost to help you to help other people and also to help you be strong when things aren't going perfectly.
And we bless you that you will recognize the Holy Ghost and that you will know when you're learning about Jesus Christ that they are true and that you will feel it. And that your testimony of Jesus Christ will be strong. And you have been given a loving family, and always turn to them when you need help.
We leave this blessing with you in the name of our Savior, Jesus Christ, Amen."
Leona also had a special visitor, her second grade teacher, Mrs. Faulkner.
It was also pretty special that Clara and Eliza got to be the witnesses for Leona's baptism.
This is the transcription of the conversation that Leona and I had after her baptism.
Mom: Alright so you got baptized today. How do you feel about it?
Leona: Excited, and I felt happy.
Mom: What do you... was the water warm was it cold?
Leona: It was cold and warm.
M: Oh really, so not really to cold for you then?
L: Yeah.
M: What part do you remember?
L: In the water?
M: Or any part, like what do you remember most about your baptism?
L: When I got dunked under the water.
M: What were you thinking when you came up out of the water?
L: That it felt cold.
M: Who do you remember seeing at your baptism who you were excited to see?
L: I was excited to see Donovan (Stevens), and Claire (Crownover), and Emily (Pierson), and I was excited to see, I forgot his name, he was in Seattle?
M: Oh, Porter (Langton) yeah that was fun that they live close now, I should say again. What do you remember about Auntie Mel's talk on baptism?
L: All of those rainbows, about that talk, and how those are the covenants that you make. And I would make all of those covenants and I will always follow them and she said I will never be perfect.
M: Nope, but you can just keep trying and you can always repent and be better every day.
L: Yeah
M: What do you remember about my talk on the Holy Ghost? Do you remember anything?
L: Owl, she can comfort me anytime.
M: And the Holy Ghost can comfort you anytime.
L: Flashlight would help me light the way. And I would like the soda feel stuff rushing up when I feel happy.
M: Very cool. Do you remember who the people were who were standing in the circle when you got the gift of the Holy Ghost?
L: Uncle Pedro, Great Gpa Roueche, Uncle Chris, Dad, Gpa Cole. That was all of them.
M: Pretty exciting day, pretty great day.
L: I remember that after the baptism we all went out and chased the kids.
M: You got so many treats and then you went and ran them off, chasing people around.
L: I remember Ollie, he drank four bottles of water, but he was like sucking them and like gulp, gulp, gulp so fast.
M: Also it's pretty special that Mrs. Faulkner came, your teacher from school.
L: And I was pretty sure that she was going to come.
M: Alright is there anything else that you remember that you want me to put on your blog later?
L: Ummm... no.
M: Do you feel like you made a good choice today?
L: Yeah! I felt reeeeaaallly excited.
M: I felt really excited too. I'm glad that you did that. That was a good choice. Great choice in a long line of good choices that you've already made and that you're going to make.
This is a bonus photo of one of the thank you cards that Leona wrote. Each card had this level of quality artwork. I really liked that perspective of this drawing and how she really made the necklace (what she was thanking Mrs. Faulkner for) the star of the drawing. Leona is very talented.

















No comments:
Post a Comment