Leona-
I want to tell you about my testimony. I first met the missionaries when I was seven when they came to my home. After listening to their message our family joined the church. I did not get my full testimony all at once. I first felt that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was Christ's true church. Later I came to know that the Book of Mormon was the word of God. Even later I came to know that Joseph Smith Jr. was the prophet. Along that path I also learned that principles like tithing, priesthood power and even home teaching were key parts of Christ's plan for us. I have to admit that I am still learning and growing my testimony. I know I am far from being perfect and as I look to the example of Christ and follow Him my testimony grows. Over the years I have learned that there is safety and happiness as I make good choices and follow Jesus. I have also learned that when I fail to follow the guidelines of the prophets it can bring unhappiness. The most important thing is for me, and you, to understand that this earth life is our chance to prove to our Heavenly Father that we love him by keeping His commandments. We will make mistakes and stumble. That is okay as long as we take those mistakes to our Heavenly Father as he has provided a plan where we can be forgiven for mistakes we have made. It is very important that we understand that. As your grandfather I want you to know that I love you and always will. I want you to be happy and the greatest happiness is in following our Heavenly Father. As families, we can help each other become better people. It is always important for us to try to be the best example we can be.
Grand Dad Cole
I want to tell you about my testimony. I first met the missionaries when I was seven when they came to my home. After listening to their message our family joined the church. I did not get my full testimony all at once. I first felt that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was Christ's true church. Later I came to know that the Book of Mormon was the word of God. Even later I came to know that Joseph Smith Jr. was the prophet. Along that path I also learned that principles like tithing, priesthood power and even home teaching were key parts of Christ's plan for us. I have to admit that I am still learning and growing my testimony. I know I am far from being perfect and as I look to the example of Christ and follow Him my testimony grows. Over the years I have learned that there is safety and happiness as I make good choices and follow Jesus. I have also learned that when I fail to follow the guidelines of the prophets it can bring unhappiness. The most important thing is for me, and you, to understand that this earth life is our chance to prove to our Heavenly Father that we love him by keeping His commandments. We will make mistakes and stumble. That is okay as long as we take those mistakes to our Heavenly Father as he has provided a plan where we can be forgiven for mistakes we have made. It is very important that we understand that. As your grandfather I want you to know that I love you and always will. I want you to be happy and the greatest happiness is in following our Heavenly Father. As families, we can help each other become better people. It is always important for us to try to be the best example we can be.
Grand Dad Cole
No comments:
Post a Comment