Thursday, May 5, 2016

Visit with G & G Smith in California


 As soon as dad got out of school for the semester we went to visit Grandma and Grandpa Smith in California. Despite the crazy long drive (a snow storm in the Sierra Nevadas added 4 hours to the trip as well as a pair of snow chains to our trunk) Leona was pretty perky and very happy when we went to Grandma and Grandpa's house the next day. In addition to loads of presents- Gma Smith wanted to celebrate all of the girls' birthdays while we were there- and birthday cake the most exciting thing was meeting Mitzi, G & G Smith's saint of a dachshund. In spite of never having met them in person Leona ran up to the door and gave Gma a huge hug as soon as we got there and then spent the rest of the trip trying to cuddle and play with Mitzi.







Another fun aspect of the trip was all 5 of us sharing a hotel room for the 3 nights we were there. This is a text that I sent dad while I was holding down the fort at the hotel so he could spend some extra time with his grandparents after bedtime. 

I am being catcalled by a 2 year old. We are visiting Collin's grandparents in California and are staying in a hotel. The other two have fallen asleep and Collin is back with his grandparents. I am trying to ignore Leona who is 5 feet away in a packnplay incessantly saying, "Mom. Mom. MOM. Addeeuh. Mom. Addeeuh." Then she changed her strategy and started saying things about Jesus since that always gets a response. First it was just "Jesus. Jesus." Then, "Jesus died." And "Jesus loves Leona." I guess at least she's talking to herself about good things while trying to get my attention and not sleep. 

What a nut!

No comments:

Post a Comment