Thursday, January 25, 2018

December Fun






In Bellevue at a stake center, right next to the Seattle temple, there is a fantastic nativity display every year.  We invited our neighbors to come with us.  It really was incredible.  They had completely transformed the building.  There were hundreds of nativities on display as well as a room detailing Christ's life.  They had along with a children's nativity room with nativity puppets, toys, and puzzles a room where you could dress up and pose in the nativity.  That's our neighbor, Brianna, as Mary.  Eliza would like it known that she is a "wise woman" bringing gifts to baby Jesus.  And no, despite the mischievous look on Leona's face she didn't do anything to the lamb after the photo was taken.

We also went to a nursery down the road that had live reindeer.  The kids thought that was pretty cool.  Leona and I came with a friend beforehand and saw Santa but she wanted nothing to do with him.  She did take his candy cane though, so clearly we still have to work on the whole, don't take candy from strangers things.  The bigger girls sort of wanted to see him when we went but he didn't happen to be wandering around that day.  I got the impression that they were a little relieved. 








This is a picture that Leona drew for June.  I didn't realize that she could draw recognizable people until I saw this.  I was kind of impressed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment