"Why does dad always have to pick hikes when he gets to choose what we do?" -Eliza
To celebrate Collin's birthday he chose a challenging hike. Twin Falls hike was three miles long. On the way out they did really well. The way back we plied them with original stories and marching songs that Gma Cole used to chant with us when we were kids. (Left, left, I left my wife and 42 kids on the verge of starvation, did I do Right? Right, my right for my country by golly I had a good job but I Left, Left...) We managed to stave off most of the moaning with those two tricks. The photo of the girls in the tree is a great "before" picture. Before the bees attacked that is. It was such a pretty hollowed out tree and the girls wanted to hide out in it like a treehouse/cave. As we got closer though we saw some bees and Eliza was like, No way, not going near it. Bees love Eliza. We aren't sure if it's the color of her hair or what but they are attracted to her as if she were a fragrant flower. The other two girls were still game though so they got in. Then we realized there was a beehive above them in that hollow part. We got them out as quick as we could and nobody got stung but Leona was close because there was a bee right by her eye and she smacked it on her own eyelid. I saw it fall to the ground stunned but luckily it didn't get a sting in before it fell. It was a close call and we were more careful after that.
We also spent the last day before school started at the girls' favorite beach, Golden Gardens. Clara dabbed to celebrate the occasion. I'm sure that fad will have passed long before the girls read this but there were a couple of years when dabbing was super cool, at least among the elementary cohort. Let it be known that y'all were very much into that fad.
No comments:
Post a Comment