I feel like I am perpetually behind in writing on the girls blogs and therefore miss things that happen more in the moment. I know that I'm in August in the posts but I just want to take a minute to mention some things that I'm enjoying about Leona right now.
* Constant singing. Leona has turned into a little radio. She sings all. the. time. about everything. Often her songs are about Heavenly Father and Jesus and how they love her and everybody. I love knowing that she thinks about that and is developing her own testimony of it at this young age.
* Snake in her mouth. For as long as she's been talking Leona has referred to a hair in her mouth as a snake in her mouth. Because there are so many girls in this house it is not an infrequent occurrence. I'm amused that she has stuck with this expression for so long. I thought it would be short lived.
* Leona is very gregarious. She talks to EVERYBODY. I don't even know how many strangers Leona has told about her "doggy birthday". She is very enthusiastic about sharing her birthday with Frida and Sasha the dogs. She says hi to everyone, invites kids over for playdates all the time, and is a general chatterbox with anyone who will stand still and listen.
* Leona is very enthusiastic about everything. She uses the words "lovely, wonderful, and cool" constantly. Christmas morning with her was a delight because everything she opened was the next wonder of the world. We were driving on the highway and in an effort to divert attention for inappropriate pictures Collin said, "Look at that tree!" pointing to one of many identical pine trees. Leona's response, "That's a wonderful tree!"
*She is genuinely appreciative. She thanks for for many small and large acts that I do for her everyday without being prompted. It is wonderful and lovely and cool. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment