Thursday, January 25, 2018

November Fun



For Christmas I made my parents a personalized Cole Guess Who game and took these photos to go in the games.  They look a little like mugshots but they were funny. I used the middle one of Leona for the game. Eliza looks way too old in hers.  I like that Clara is using a headband as a necklace.




The Rices always have the inside info on fun things to do.  They invited us to go to Swanson's Nursery to see real live reindeer (I believe their sign said they were Comet and Dasher), a train set, and potentially Santa.  The reindeer were a hit as was the train set.  When we did run into Santa by accident Leona was willing to take a candy cane from him- after checking with me, Yay for not just taking candy from strangers!- but did not want to go close to him.  He invited them to sit on his lap and tell them what they wanted for Christmas. No dice. Leona started monologuing from a safe distance- not about what she wanted or even about Christmas, just being herself and chattering away. Then Santa tried to get them to just come over for a photo op. Again he was swiftly shut down.  I politely told him that he could move along as there was no sense waiting for them to change their minds.


No comments:

Post a Comment