Saturday, October 30, 2021

Swimming Lessons



Since the kids hadn't gotten to swim much in Seattle (or really at all last year due to public pools being closed for Covid) we decided to have them all take a refresher two week swimming class. Sera Caldwell taught our group in its entirety in their pool.  The girls had a great time and made rapid progress.  Clara and Eliza quickly remembered what they already knew and tightened up their strokes. Leona hadn't been very successful two summers ago when I'd signed her up so she was starting almost from zero, but she quickly got the hang of it. By the end of the two weeks she was a fish swimming back and forth the length of the pool.

Timothy was another story. He HATED swimming lessons. As in, I'm pretty sure I would get the same reaction if I gave him to a new family that I got for the first three days when I put him in the pool. Uncontrollable sobbing, snot running down his face, trying to climb out of the pool. The girls were all really sweet to him and would bring him toys and say encouraging things to him. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment