Thursday, December 26, 2019

Swimming Lessons and Tales from the Hood

There was nothing spectacular about swimming lessons other than the fact that Leona complied with instructions.  After her demotion back to level 1 last summer I did not re-enroll her in swimming lessons.  This time around I enrolled her in Level 2 anyway and she did great.  She chose to follow her teacher's instructions and she actually swam.  It was a triumph.  I am including this so that I remember that there is hope for stubborn little Leonie the Pony.  When she's ready, she will comply, and she will do great things.



This was taken on a city bus in June.  We were riding to go pick up our car at the shop.  Pretty standard fare for the neighborhood that we're in.  I won't list all of the charms of our neighborhood in case one of the kids reads this while we still live here. However it is pertinent to the next story.  We have quite the "escort service" being run out of the hotel right outside of our court, which means that we frequently see the "escorts" going and coming as they walk up to Aurora Ave.  On the 10th of July as we were pulling into the court two of these ladies crossed walked right in front of us prompting the ensuing conversation.

Leona: Those girls were not wearing modest clothing.
Me: Yep. Hopefully you will make better choices about your clothing when you are older.
L: I will! I will be like you.
Me: (Starting to feel like maybe I'm doing at least something right.)
L: I will wear modest clothes. I will be mean to people...
Me: What!?!?! I'm not mean to people!


No comments:

Post a Comment