Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Leona at School

The Kindergartners had a starring role in the Veteran's Day Assembly.  They sang the rousing "America Song".  I have never heard this song outside of Parkwood Elementary but there it's a classic.  If Mr. Yost were a lesser music teacher this song would be a dud, but he somehow makes those kids sing the word "America" about a million times in a row, with feeling.  It's an equal testament to the grandness of America and Mr. Yost's skills as a teacher.

This photo was taken at some point towards the beginning of the year and Mrs. Salmon sent it out on the class app.



Bonus quotable quote from Leona: 
"Hey mom, look at this! I have two bumps on my arms, so I'm strong."
She was referring to her biceps. :)

"Mom do you know that you smell like beef and cheese? You've been smelling like beef and cheese your whole life! You're going to jail you beef and cheese!" -said to me through Timothy's monitor. Special thanks to the movie "Elf" for making "You smell like beef and cheese." the funniest thing Leona has ever heard in her entire life.


Continuing with the disconnected events this also happened at about the same time so it's also sharing a post.  I got so sick of the girls picking at each other and fighting that I decided to do something drastic. I decided that I was going to (loosely) tie two of them together at a time at the wrist (only one) and they would have to work together as a team to put their laundry away. I thought it was a creative team building exercise. Just the reveal however sent Leona into a complete tailspin. Her reaction was better suited to an announcement that I would be amputating one arm per person, rather than temporarily tying it to her sister's arm. Eliza and Clara did it with less drama and it seemed to help the original problem.  Leona however had to take a nap before her delicate psyche was able to handle it.  So much for creative parenting.


No comments:

Post a Comment